Nursing Workforce Survey
Client: Department of Health (WA)
The Nursing Workforce Survey was commissioned for the Western Australia Cancer and Palliative Care Network (WACPCN) which sits within the WA Department of Health. The survey aimed to measure the experience of public and private sector nurses who worked with cancer patients in some capacity, including their:
- satisfaction with their role and work
- perceptions of challenges faced in their role
- awareness of and engagement in professional development opportunities
- awareness and use of organisational support
- opportunities for improvement in delivery of care to cancer patients.
The results of the survey assisted the WACPCN in the future planning of cancer service delivery initiatives and developing approaches to providing sustainable care of cancer patients in WA.