Social Research Interviewers
- Your opportunity to contribute to social change and community development
- Casual hours of employment in an entry-level professional role that provides flexibility
- Pay rates above the industry award, with opportunities for advancement
- Fringe CBD location close to public transport and the Vic Market
The Social Research Centre is a leading industry service provider in the social research space conducting telephone surveys with people across the country. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a casual role that provides insights into the attitudes, opinions and wellbeing of the Australian public.
We have several vacant positions within our interviewing team for those motivated and ready to contribute to quality data collection within a phone-based environment. Our casual interviewers have the opportunity to work up to 20 hours per week, depending on project requirements, including evening and weekend shifts
What you'll be doing
- Calling members of the community to gain their interest and encourage participation in our research.
- Conducting surveys on a range of topics and issues including National Health, Community Attitudes, Immigration and Graduate Satisfaction.
- Conversing with diverse groups in the community about challenging and sensitive issues.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A desire to work in a professional role that contributes to the wellbeing of Australian people
- Strong communication skills
- Resilience when navigating challenging and emotional situations
- The willingness to work under pressure whilst maintaining high standards of performance
What we offer
- An opportunity to join a renowned market leader in the Social Research Industry
- A supportive, development-focused culture with ongoing mentorship
- Access to exciting internal opportunities for career progression
- MUST be available to work 3 evenings per week (4:30 - 8:30pm) as well as 1 weekend day (11:00am - 5:00pm) - this is a position requirement
- Must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold valid Australian working rights.
How to apply:
If this sounds right for you, respond to the application questions below and attach your CV and cover letter. Applications that do not include the required documents will not be considered. For more information please contact Ben at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Social Research Centre values diversity and believes that an inclusive and fair work environment has a positive impact on the wellbeing of employees, job satisfaction and productivity. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage to apply.
We do not require the assistance of recruitment agencies, thank you.