Closing Date: 25 February 2020
- Lead nationally significant research projects
- Become part of a growing, dedicated and motivated organisation
- Work alongside industry experts in social research and methodology
The Social Research Centre is dedicated to conducting world-class research to inform decision-making and advance our understanding of Australian Society and our place in the world. We are Australia’s leading provider of social and government research services and an acknowledged leader in high quality project execution, innovative and cutting-edge research methodology, and analysis and strategic thinking. As a subsidiary of the Australian National University (ANU), we enjoy unprecedented access to its researchers and premier research environment.
We currently have two outstanding opportunities available for Research/Project Director level positions in our Quantitative Research Consulting and Major Projects teams. Reporting to members of the Executive team, these are positions with responsibility for running projects and leading a small team. The successful candidates will have the opportunity to work across a wide range of health, education and social policy issues. These roles have a strong emphasis on leadership, proposal writing, high quality project execution and superior analytical and report writing.
Key Selection Criteria:
- A minimum of 8 years of quantitative research experience, with experience in a commercial research setting being highly desirable
- Knowledge of both principles and practice in the design and conduct of high-quality research, with extensive experience in the analysis, reporting and presentation of quantitative data to publication standard.
- Substantial track record in leading successful competitive tender/proposal writing and generation of new business
- Abiding interest in social research and methodology
- Ability to work under pressure, to tight timelines and across multiple projects with competing priorities. Excellent project management skills are essential.
- Good team player, but with the ability to work independently and to demonstrate leadership
- Ability and willingness to work in a ‘hands on’ project role
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other packages relevant to research projects (such as SPSS/SAS/STATA)
- Postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline is preferred
To apply for this position:
Please send your resume, cover letter, and responses to the Selection Criteria (listed above) to: email@example.com. Applicants who do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Applications for this position will be accepted until 5pm Tuesday 25th February 2020.
To be eligible for this position you must have full working rights in Australia.
For more information or to see the Position Descriptions, please contact Lisa Maxwell, HR Generalist, at firstname.lastname@example.org