Closing Date: 29 March 2019
- Work with industry experts in the social research space
- Design and deliver research that has an impact on social policy in Australia
- Desirable CBD location close to Flagstaff station
The Social Research Centre is dedicated to conducting world-class research that informs decision making and advances our understanding of Australian Society. We are Australia’s leading provider of social and government research services and an acknowledged leader in high quality project execution, innovative and cutting-edge research methodology, and analysis and strategic thinking. As a subsidiary of the Australian National University (ANU), we enjoy unprecedented access to ANU researchers and ANU’s premier research environment.
Due to continued grow, we are currently seeking one or two experienced Project Managers to join our Quantitative Research Consulting team. Working with a team of expert researchers, this role has a focus on providing high quality project management. You will take a key role in managing day-to-day processes including the planning, development, and monitoring of data collection, including associated client deliverables. The role will also have input into sample and questionnaire design, analysis and reporting.
This is a unique opportunity to contribute to some of our most socially relevant projects to help deliver research that has a positive impact on contemporary social issues. To our employees we offer a flexible, inclusive, collaborative and supportive team culture, as well as ongoing career and professional development. This is a Permanent, Full Time position based in our Melbourne office.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in the social or market research industry working directly with clients to deliver their projects
- Experience in managing CATI and/or online surveys
- Excellent project management skills, including end-to-end project management
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timelines
- Good communication skills and experience in a client facing environment
- Experience or exposure to sampling/sample design, questionnaire design, weighting, statistical analysis and reporting
- Research experience in a Computer Aided Telephone Interviewing environment
- Experience in using SPSS (or similar programs) Microsoft Office and other packages relevant to research projects
To be successful in this role you will also have:
- Strong team player skills with an aptitude for working collaboratively particularly an ability to communicate with different teams, show empathy and maintain momentum as part of efficiently managing multiple projects.
- Strong skills in self-editing and quality control – being detail focused and oriented is a must
- Ability to pick up concepts quickly and apply them to new scenarios
- A client service focused mindset including a preparedness to be client facing and an ability to actively nurture and manage these relationships
- A genuine interest in further developing a career in social policy research
To apply for this position:
Please send your resume, cover letter, and responses to the Selection Criteria (listed above) to email@example.com or upload them via the application form below. Please note that applicants who do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Applications for this position will be accepted until 5pm Friday 29th March 2019.
For more information or to see the Position Description, please contact the Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org. To be eligible for this position you must have full working rights in Australia.