Call Centre Operations Manager
Closing Date: 18 October 2019
- Key Leadership Position
- Influence and drive culture
- North Melbourne location– across from Queen Victoria Market
Established in 2000, the Social Research Centre is Australia's leading provider of social research services. We provide the social research community with access to world-class survey research and a full range of survey design, survey data management, statistical consulting, analytical thinking and qualitative skills. As a wholly owned subsidiary of the Australian National University (ANU), we enjoy unprecedented access to ANU researchers and ANU's world class research environment.
We are seeking a Call Centre Operations Manager to manage the performance of the Call Centre Leaders and their teams. Reporting to the Director of Operations, our Call Centre Operations Manager ensures the achievement of project specifications and departmental KPIs. They are responsible for leading, motivating, supporting, developing, and managing the performance of the Call Centre Leader group and indirectly, the Interviewer group. This role will also have responsibility for a number of key portfolios within the centre.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in motivating supervisory and leadership teams in a call centre environment to achieve and exceed Key Performance Indicators. Our Call Centre Operations Manager will also have the ability to develop and maintain a customer-focused, quality-driven and proactive culture within our business and uphold a positive and effective working environment.
We are seeking an individual who is passionate about building leadership capability and developing and supporting their team and the centre at large. The right candidate will be hands on in their approach and have a strong focus on driving high standards, employee engagement, workplace culture and is able to work collaboratively as part of a senior leadership team who will share responsibility for the overall centre’s performance together.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Lead, develop and maintain skilled and motivated teams
- Ensuring the Call Centre at large and direct reports achieve and exceed their KPI’s, project specifications and other internal goals
- Assist with promotion of change culture and positive coaching practices
- Work with various stakeholders to ensure workload allocation and job management
- Support the Rostering team with resource planning for medium/long term
- Manage performance of direct reports
- Adhere and promote the companies HR and OH&S policies
Key Selection Criteria:
- Cert IV in Frontline Management or another relevant discipline and/or at least 2 years’ experience in a role managing leaders (managerial/leadership position)
- Experience in Market or Social Research
- Proven experience in managing large, complex teams
- Proven experience in working collaboratively with a union
- Ability to articulate and ensure adherence to best practice methods and quality standards
- Well-developed people management skills with previous experience coaching and motivating leaders and team members
- Proven ability to mentor and develop staff within leadership roles
- Ability to foster a harmonious team environment and motivate a workforce
- Effective communicator to staff at all levels
- Proven experience in effectively managing change
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and handle multiple tasks and high-pressure situations
- Demonstrated ability to manage in a changing environment that supports the empowerment of others
Please note that due to the nature of the Call Centre, flexibility to work until at least 7pm two nights per week is required. Occasional weekend work may also be required.
To apply and for more information:
Please submit your resume and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until 5pm on Friday 18 October 2019.
Please note that applications that do not address the role's key selection criteria will not be considered. You must have full working rights in Australia to be eligible to apply.
For more information or for a copy of the position description, please contact Lisa Maxwell, Human Resources Generalist at email@example.com
The Social Research Centre values diversity and believes that an inclusive and fair work environment has a positive impact on the wellbeing of employees, job satisfaction and productivity. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage to apply.