Closing Date: 25 January 2018
- Work with industry experts in the social research space
- Design and deliver research that has an impact on social policy in Australia
- Desirable CBD location close to Flagstaff station
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join our Quantitative Research team. Working within a team of expert researchers this role has a focus on excellence in project execution. Reporting to a Research Director you will take a key role in managing day-to-day logistics across the life of a project whilst managing client expectations regarding project specifics. This role works across the full research cycle, including planning and development, data collection and methodological and/or outcome reporting.
This is a rare opportunity to contribute to interesting and socially relevant projects and deliver research that has a positive impact on contemporary social issues. To our employees we offer a flexible, inclusive, collaborative and supportive team culture, as well as ongoing career and professional development. This is a Permanent, Full Time position based in our Melbourne office.
Key Selection Criteria:
- 2-3 years’ experience in the social or market research industry (experience in a CATI and/or online environment is highly desirable)
- Demonstrated project management skills such as the ability to work under pressure to meet timeframes and manage competing priorities and whilst maintaining output quality and attention to detail
- Demonstrated quantitative research skills including experience with sampling, questionnaire design, statistical analysis and reporting
- Experience using the Microsoft Office Suite and relevant statistical software such as SPSS, SAS or STATA
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to write for a range of audiences
- A Tertiary Degree or Graduate Qualifications in a relevant discipline
To be successful in this role you will also have:
- A client service focused mindset including a preparedness to be client facing and an ability to actively nurture and manage these relationships
- Strong team player skills with an aptitude for working collaboratively particularly an ability to communicate with different teams, show empathy and maintain momentum as part of efficiently managing multiple projects.
- A genuine interest in further developing a career in social policy research
- Ability to pick up concepts quickly and apply them to new scenarios
To apply for this position:
Please send your resume, cover letter, and responses to the Selection Criteria (listed above) to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload them via the application form below. Please note that applicants who do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Applications for this position will be accepted until 5pm Monday 30 October 2017.
For more information or to see the Position Description, please contact Jessica Tekin, Human Resources Coordinator (03) 9236 8500 or email@example.com. To be eligible for this position you must have full working rights in Australia.