Data Analyst (Client Facing)
Closing Date: 23 March 2018
- Are you a hands-on data analyst who knows how to get the most out of data, but doesn’t want to be stuck in a back-end function?
- Do you enjoy talking to people about data?
- Are you able to explain complex concepts in plain English?
The Data Analyst (Client Facing) is an exciting new position in the Quality Indicators of Learning and Teaching (QILT) team as we want to help our clients to make better use of the data. The role plays a pivotal part in servicing client servicing queries and data requests from stakeholders such as higher education institutions, government sector, media and researchers. The role will be accountable for providing clarity to client information requirements, extraction and data analysis from data files or databases using tools such as R, SQL, SPSS or SAS, and providing reports and advice to clients on appropriate data uses.
The Data Analyst (Client Facing) may be required to present results to clients face-to-face and there will be an expectation to travel (interstate) with this position. The position will also be required to support the data processing team in preparing data output / data products in peak periods.
To be successful in this role, you will have a minimum of three years’ experience in using data science tools such as R, Python, SQL, SAS or SPSS to manipulate large data sets, as well as demonstrable experience in a client facing role.
Key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Stakeholder engagement and communications, assisting with feedback and information management,
- Management of client queries and requests, collaborating with stakeholders and understanding and interpretation of information requirements
- Quotation preparation for client endorsement
- Dataset transformation to customised outputs
- Data quality checks
- Training facilitation and advisory services
Key Selection Criteria:
- Excellent customer servicing skills including the ability to ascertain clients’ need through purposeful discussions
- Fluent communication in both written and spoken English
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills with the ability to explain complex statistical concepts to non-technical audience
- Minimum three years of professional experience of using one of R, Python, SQL, SAS, SPPS to extract and manipulate large data sets for reporting. Experience in data manipulation using other programming languages would be well regarded
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Confident in working autonomously and in working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to think "outside the box" to find creative solutions to problems
- MS Office and Windows experience
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines without impact on quality or timing
- A team player who is focused on the overall performance of the organisation and client needs
- A good understanding of the ethical and legal responsibilities pertaining to data confidentiality, data security and privacy
- Tertiary degree in a relevant discipline, such as Statistics, Computer Science, Analytics, Education or Humanities
- Experience in working in (or with) the Australian Higher Education sector would be a strong advantage
To apply for this position:
Please send your resume, cover letter, and responses to the Selection Criteria to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications for this position will be accepted until 5:00pm on Friday 23 March 2018. Please note, applicants who do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
For more information or to see the Position Description, please contact Jessica Tekin in the Human Resources Department at email@example.com. This position is open to Australian permanent residents only.