Closing Date: 23 March 2018
- Flexible coding opportunity with Australia’s leading social research organisation
- Work on a range of public and social research data for government, academic and not-for-profit clients
- Casual position with great hourly rate, based in North Melbourne near the Queen Victoria Market
We have an opportunity available for a Coder to join our Call Centre Operations team. Our Coders are responsible for coding the written responses provided by our Research team, ensuring accuracy and integrity of data. The role is also responsible for quality assurance, ensuring that the quality of written responses captured by our interviewers using Computer Assisted Telephone Interviewing are correct and providing feedback to the interviewing supervisory team.
Your responsibilities in this role will include:
- Coding of verbatim responses as directed, including data cleaning when required and assisting to resolve any queries with the supervisors, researchers, or analysts;
- Helping to check verbatim responses for content and accuracy;
- Assisting with review of responses for code frame development;
- Providing timely and appropriately detailed feedback;
- Delivery of draft code frames to the relevant researcher, and updating the coding master tally each day for all projects;
- Attending briefings on allocated projects when required.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Minimum 12 months coding experience (desirable)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrable computer skills and technical literacy
- Knowledge of QUAC
- Experience as an interviewer (desirable)
To apply for this position:
Please send your résumé, cover letter, and responses to the selection criteria to: email@example.com. Applications for this position will be accepted until 5pm Friday 23rd March 2018. Please note that applications without a formal Key Selection Criteria will not be considered.
For more information or to see the Position Description, please contact Jessica Tekin in the Human Resources Department via firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open to Australian permanent residents only.