Call Centre Manager
Closing Date: 19 March 2018
- Foster a culture of high performance and continuous improvement
- Thrive in the leadership space
- North Melbourne location– across from Queen Victoria Market
We are seeking a Call Centre Manager to take responsibility for managing the operations of our Call Centre. This role would ideally suit a self-starter who is motivated by driving process improvement and has a track record of implementing projects successfully. Reporting to the Director of Operations and leading a team of 4 direct reports, this role requires an individual with a Call Centre background, proven experience in managing large and diverse teams, strong communication skills and an ability to work effectively with all areas of the business.
The successful candidate will provide visible leadership to the day-to-day operations of the Call Centre, fostering a culture of high performance and continuous improvement. We expect the right candidate to develop and empower staff to achieve their full potential. The Call Centre Manager will ensure that our reputation for applying best practice methods of data collection for social research is upheld.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Leading a team to manage the fieldwork operations of the Call Centre
- Ensuring that all projects are properly resourced, delivered on time, to specification and within budget
- Identifying best practice in Call Centre performance and driving innovation and process improvement initiatives
- Developing a high-performance culture which is client-focused, quality driven and proactive
- Ensuring our Call Centre continues providing best practice in the capture of complex research data
Key Selection Criteria:
- Tertiary Degree in a relevant discipline and/or at least 5 years' experience in a call centre environment at a senior level (managerial / leadership position)
- Proven experience in managing a large team, building a unified culture and motivating a diverse workforce
- Proven experience in driving process improvement and innovative work practices
- Ability to develop a strong vision for the Call Centre, and to apply best practice methods and quality standards
- Proven experience in working co-operatively with a union
- Proven experience in effectively managing change
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate with staff at all levels
- Ability to prioritise and handle multiple tasks and high-pressure situations
- Experience as a telephone interviewer and/or social research is desirable
To apply and for more information:
Please submit your resume and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria to email@example.com or via the application form below. Applications will be accepted until 5pm on Monday 19 March 2018. Please note that applications that do not address the role's key selection criteria will not be considered.
For more information or for a copy of the position description, please contact Jessica Tekin in the Human Resources Department via firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must have full working rights in Australia to be eligible to apply.