Analyst (Data processing)
Closing Date: 26 March 2018
- Excellent opportunity to advance your career in social research analytics
- Work with industry experts in the social research space
- Convenient location – next to Flagstaff City Loop station
We are seeking an Analyst to join our Major Projects team. The role will be responsible for survey sample preparation, data collection preparation, survey and in-field reminder launches, administration of fieldwork progress, data analysis, tabulation and other reporting. Please note that this role is heavily involved in data processing; professional experience in programming is essential.
Our Analysts provide technical support, helping with the implementation and process and system development to support best-practice and flawless execution of complex projects. The role works closely with both operations and research teams coordinating all aspects of the survey lifecycle from sample preparation to the production of complex data outputs.
Analysts may also have supervision responsibilities to more junior members of the team – this will include training, quality assurance and performance management.
Key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Acquisition and sample management, including working closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop and negotiate specific sample requirements for projects;
- Sample preparation and quality assurance. Tasks include applying tools for automated sample acquisition and real-time validation. This also includes management of mixed-mode multi-dispatch samples such as Dispatch and Collection Control Databases (DACC) and automated status updates across multiple platforms (e.g. Email, SMS, CATI, online);
- Providing support operations for data collection, including dispatching invitations and reminders to survey respondents, supporting sample adjustments, and responding to issues with in-field projects;
- Working with research and operations teams to assist with improving efficiencies;
- Production and production of outputs, including preparation of electronic files, processing respondent level survey data, self-validation and checking figures and table outputs;
- Design, prepare and construct progress dashboards and reports for clients;
- Determine appropriate sample sizes and apply weighting methodologies appropriate to the design. This also includes providing descriptions of sampling procedures for reports;
- Support survey data coding with advice and issue resolution, and assisting with recoding variables and amending datasets as required;
- Technical development tasks (e.g. resolving data queries, evaluating tools and software);
- Assist with the production of training material delivery for clients.
Key Selection Criteria:
- At least two years of professional programming experience of (i.e. writing queries) using one of R, Python, SQL, SAS, SPPS to extract and manipulate large complex data sets. Experience in data manipulation using other programming languages would be well regarded.
- Experience in validating data from a range of varying sources to ensure adherence to data requirements for reporting.
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to identify inaccuracies in data
- Demonstrated ability to progress multiple unrelated projects/tasks independently
- Works in a logical, methodical manner
- Ability to think "outside the box" to find creative solutions to problems
- MS Office and Windows experience
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple deadlines without impact quality/timing
- A team player who is focused on the overall performance of the department/ organisation
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Tertiary degree in a relevant discipline, such as Statistics, Computer science, Analytics
- Understanding of ethical and legal responsibilities pertaining to data confidentiality and privacy
To apply for this position: Please send your resume, cover letter, and responses to the Selection Criteria to email@example.com or via the application form below. Applications for this position will be accepted until 5:00pm on Monday 27th March 2018. Please note, applicants who do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
For more information or to see the Position Description, please contact Jessica Tekin in the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open to Australian permanent residents only.